Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Weapons Build Day

Go down 
+5
Ximali Karan Hari
barrikaide
Strider
K'urn
Surt
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ximali Karan Hari

Ximali Karan Hari

Weapons Build Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:04 pm

19/32" oriented strand board... as close to 5/8 without going over as i've found
I hope it lend the right durability and strength for the right weight. Your thoughts K'urn?

Last edited by Ximali Karan Hari on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:47 pm

that link doesn't take me to anything.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:37 pm

Actually, 1/2" is closer to 5/8" than 1/2" they just call it 1/2".
Did you want to curve your shield?

To all people who want to build red weapons on the build day.

Be sure to bring 1) Grey PVC Conduit Sch 40 or greater 3/4"-1" diameter (as your preference)
2) One of those yoga mats that were seen at the Sports authority. For those who weren't there
it is a black version of the blue camping mats only more rubbery. Harbinger 3/8 " Durafoam Mat.

If you do not bring these materials I will not help or make any red weapons.

For everyone who is attending the weapons build day.

Please bring Grip tape in whatever color you wish (I would say at least two rolls) and, One roll of duck tape (and I do mean DUCK Tape the brand, it will have a little yellow duck on it).

That's all for now I'll post again if i remember something.

K-
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 5:55 pm

So weapons build day is scheduled for april 11 right?
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:51 am

Hey Kurn im considering making a 8foot spear. Probably use PVC as a core though.

Could you tell me what Materials i would need and should it be 1inch pvc or higher?

If you could make me a list of mats i would need for it i could bring it to weapon build day.
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Best core for a spear or any pole arm is fiberglass. Go to bandshoppe.com go to flags and accessories then to fiberglass poles. You can get an 8' fiberglass pole for $12. Not including shipping. If you get it soon it should be here by the 11th. I believe you can order online or even over the phone.

Other than that you will need.
1) One funnoodle of standard size (2-3" in dia.)
2) Duck brand duct tape.
3) Grip tape in your chosen color.

I have everything else.

K-
Back to top Go down
Ximali Karan Hari

Ximali Karan Hari

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:35 am

I won't be making it to practice or the weapons build because of a scheduling conflict with my new job.... Sad I don't get off work until 3:15 pm monday through saturday and 1:30 some sundays....... I wonder if the group would consider practicing in the afternoons on saturday so that I can attend?
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 3:52 am

Ah man that fucking sucks, thats why i am afraid to get a job ><
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:07 am

Wow Ximali that really does suck. I know i couldnt really practice that much later because i work grave yard and bed time is around 5pm or so.

Kurn Change of plans. How about a Javalin? Mats needed?

I have seen a lot at LA and i want to say its PVC pipe with pipe Insulation before you do the head. not sure though.
Back to top Go down
D\'edra

D\'edra

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 4:08 pm

Hey Ximali...we're still going to be making weapons looooooooooooong after you get out of work
....so don't be a stranger and stop by....

D~
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marciex32
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:04 pm

Yeah do it maaaaaan!
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:08 pm

Javelin Materials.

1/2" Pvc (need not be conduit, but it would hold up better).
Pipe Insulation to fit.
One funnoodle.
1 roll of DUCK tape.
At least two rolls of grip tape.

Enjoy.

K-
Back to top Go down
Ximali Karan Hari

Ximali Karan Hari

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:44 pm

OK, send me the address if I can persuade my carpool to drop me off or someone to pick me up I should be able to be there... ... My schedule has me working sundays.... Sad
Back to top Go down
D\'edra

D\'edra

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:48 pm

we live at:

6500 W. Charleston Blvd. #444
building #48...

We're at Rainbow and Charleston, Sundance village apartments...

D~
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Like the Sundance Kid!
Back to top Go down
D\'edra

D\'edra

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:51 pm

LOL.... If only Paul Newman and robert redford lived here...
then they could take care of the bad guys that live in our neighborhood... Twisted Evil

D~ lol!
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:35 pm

O.K. Updated and FINAL list .

EVERYONE who will be attending the weapons build with the intent to build a weapon (everyone is welcome whether or not you want a weapon) will need to bring the following items.

1) One roll of 2" DUCK tape (the one with the little yellow duck)
2) Two rolls of grip/athletic tape. (in your chosen color, NO NEON COLORS!!)
3) $13.00 to put forth, for the foam and cores.

Those items that will be appreciated, but not necessary, are as follows.

1) One can (32 oz.) of Dap Weldwood Contact Cement. For your own use.
2) Extra Duct Tape.
3) Extra Grip/Athletic Tape.
4) Anything that I've told you, personally, to bring. i.e. Stuff to make specific weapons.
5) Money to chip in for dinner. (pizza? we have coupons. )
We will be providing snackage (chips, carrots, cupcakes? etc.) and drinks (probably some cheap 2 liters).

Just to be clear. ALL of these items that you bring, except for the money of course, are yours to do with as you please.

I am not expecting to keep anything left over. That being said, if you wish to donate your leftovers, I will gladly take them.

What you will get out of this is: One weapon, of your choice. (ONLY sword materials are provided, enough to make a 36" blue).

The knowledge of how a weapon is put together (from start to finish). You will learn to blade fiberglass and PVC cores.

In addition, this will be the time to ask questions on any related topic. I will also be showing some footage from battles past. I

have a lot of period type movies we can have playing in the background ( I always like to watch something cool when I build).

Lastly, we will probably be talking of the ideas and direction Surt, Heretic and I have in mind for Barad'Dun as a whole. We will be expecting some ideas and feedback from you.

That is all. I hope a few of you can attend. I will be creating a new post, please get on it and RSVP. I want to know who is coming.

K-
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Sounds good. I will most definitely try to make it.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:59 pm

What kind of foam is Funnoodle or swimnoodle considered? Is that open cell or closed cell??? Texture varies between noodles between soft and hard (minds out of the gutter lads)

Sorry I couldn't make the weapons build, though I realize its still early, I am in the middle of chores getting ready for Easter. There are more family inviting themselves over. (Sigh) My wife won't say no if kids are involved, even if we're broke. Anyhow, I've sneaked in time for a John carpenter movie fest (they live and the thing) and had my own private weapons build. I made a flail and a silly dagger (should someone pay a little gold for an assassination, I'll be ready) The battle axe will have to wait for money for materials and advice.

Hopefully I'll see one and all next week and see your new weapons if not feel them up close and personal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:04 pm

When I finished with the flail my 5 year old son kept asking me why I made a broken sword.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:20 am

Yeah, sorry i couldnt make it guys, i was hanging out with family i havent seen in a long time. I will be at practice though.
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 6:09 am

Hey K'urn,

How do you go about finishing the grip on a fiberglass core blue?
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:53 pm

It depends on how you want it. Sometimes I attach two smaller cores to the handle, making it sort of oval shaped. Sometimes I leave it bare and just wrap it with Para-cord.

K-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapons Build Day   Weapons Build Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapons Build Day
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2