Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

I need some advice from a guy's point of view...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

I need some advice from a guy's point of view... Empty
PostSubject: I need some advice from a guy's point of view...   I need some advice from a guy's point of view... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:51 am

Hey guys.
I need some advice.

My boyfriend and I will soon be celebrating the one year anniversary of our first date.
I want to get him something special, but I can't think of anything.

I don't want to get him the same type of thing I'd get for his birthday, like a shirt or a video game.
I was thinking of getting him something engraved.

I wanted to get him a knife or a sword with his name engraved on it, but I'd feel terrible about ruining the look of the blade or the hilt.

Can anyone throw me some suggestions?
Something manly. Haha.
Cufflinks and picture frames are a little too feminine for him.

And I can't do any plans. As much as I would like to take him to dinner, he has the day booked.

Help me?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice from a guy's point of view...   I need some advice from a guy's point of view... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:14 am

*gets into guy mode*...

If I was a man, I'd want a knife (even though I still want them now). How about that solid black throwing knife, Cold Steel is the brand, that they've been selling up at bass pro. You could have his name engraved just below the hilt and it would look classy and special just there for him to read. If you wanted more engravings, think of a design, perhaps celtic knotwork or flames or some such etched down the blade itself.

It's already a wicked knife in itself. I actually bought one right after they got their shipment in a couple months ago. I bought it in the bass pro over the Silverton. If you want to see it, I'll bring it to practice.

But, honestly, it's up to you. You could just ask him what he wants. Some men like that. But there's my opinion despite the lack of testicles, I am well endowed with chesticles (breasts. =P).

- A
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice from a guy's point of view...   I need some advice from a guy's point of view... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:43 am

Haha. Cool. Thanks, Alacian.
I live right by the Silverton, so I might as well check it out tomorrow or something.

Or you know...the swap meet has some decent stuff.

Maybe I'll get him the katana from Bleach.
...Wait.....no, that was Templar who wanted that.

Blah. Why are men so hard to shop for?!
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice from a guy's point of view...   I need some advice from a guy's point of view... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:58 am

Well check out the Silverton then. Go to the knife counter and ask the old man if he can show you his shipment of 'Cold Steel'. Tell him you want to see the throwing knife. He'll let you hold all of them. =P Well at least, he let me since I was picky as hell.

Ohh katana's are awesome. I own a couple swords. -snickers-

Men are hard to shop for because it's either something shiny, pointy, topless, or tastes good. So opt for buying him a key ring, a knife, getting Heretic to take his shirt off, and buy him a pack of Twizzlers.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice from a guy's point of view...   I need some advice from a guy's point of view... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:02 am

Haha.

Shiny: Gunmetal Pocketwatch. Them things is damn cool.

Pointy: Left handed scissors. Just to see the look on his face.

Topless: An open Mountain Dew bottle.

Tastes Good:..........Watermelon lip gloss? Haha.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything that would be all four.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice from a guy's point of view...   I need some advice from a guy's point of view... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:50 am

If he plays Dag, or is into it, make him some leather armor with his name imprinted in the back part of it, like impressioned? Not really complex armor, just shoulder pads, upper chest, and upper back would be cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice from a guy's point of view...   I need some advice from a guy's point of view... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:54 am

That's an awesome idea. He's really not at Dag often enough to need armor though.

As cool as it would be, I don't think he'd ever remember to use it.
Haha.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice from a guy's point of view...   I need some advice from a guy's point of view... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:16 am

Get a Thor's hammer for his neck, silver or gold, engrave your name on the back. The Norse gift that keeps on giving. How about a gold or silver torc around his neck. Very celtic. Seen some on Ebay.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice from a guy's point of view...   I need some advice from a guy's point of view... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:51 am

Huh.
Very cool.
He might like that. =]
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice from a guy's point of view...   I need some advice from a guy's point of view... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:07 pm

I like Konradr's idea!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice from a guy's point of view...   I need some advice from a guy's point of view... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need some advice from a guy's point of view...
Page 1 of 1