Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Realm Recipes

Go down 
+10
Phoxly
Knubbs
Kilanos
sasquatch
Strider
Surt
Aleksander Piotrowski
Demie Zephyra
konradr
Sarabi
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarabi

Sarabi

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:19 am

i just talked to reverend about the recipe from the yestare feast and i started thinking about all the AWESOME dishes that I've had since I've been in barad dun like some of konradrs food and demi's Filipino cakes or the noodles she made from the Christmas party. or sasquatch's stew all that and i figured i would make a forum where if something that was made you liked you post here and we will give you the recipe IF you like.... like if anyone would like any of out recipes like the cinnamon buns whatever. so yeah >.<
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Sarabi

Sarabi

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:21 am

Meat Pie From Reverend ( his wife made the feast )
Part of the Forsaken

1 Turnip
1 Parsnip
3 large carrots
1 Yellow onion
1 stick celery
2 large potatoes
1/4th head of cabbage

Chunk and dice all vegetables

1 lb meat
brown with onion and desired herbs

or

3 chicken breasts
bake with desired herbs and cube

4.75 cups flour
2 cups butter
3/4th cup water
3 teaspoon salt

mix 3/4ths cup flour with water.
Cut the other ingredients together.
Roll out 1/8th to 1/4th inch think.
Add vegetables and meat.

Wrap it up and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:52 am

Good Idea Akeria. I have a book on old Scottish recipes, maybe I'll dig some out. I remember Korean stuff that my first wife taught me and I can make Adobo chicken and I want to make arroz caldo (Filippino recipes from my wife). I'll have to dig up my notes and write some up.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
konradr

konradr

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:41 am

Akeria/Taco, my daughter wanted to know how you made your cookies, the ones you brought to Althing.

For those interested, I used to kid's cookbooks which had Tater tot recipes and combine them a little here and there.

1. Cheesy Tater Tot Pie (from the cookbook, "A cookbook for Mommy and Me")

1 lb. ground beef
1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
1 8 oz can of french style green beens, drained.
1 10 /4 oz can cheddar cheese soup.
1 bag tater tots

Preheat oven to 350.
Grease a 9 X 13" baking dish. Press the ground beef flat into the bottom.
Spread the cheese soup over the ground beef.
Spread the green beans over the top.
add tater tots on top of green beans
sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes.

2. Tater Tot Casserole (from the cookbook "No more than 5 ingredients")

1 bag tater tots
1 lb. ground beef
1 can of mushroom soup
3/4 can water
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.

preheat oven to 350.
line 9 x 12/13" casserole dish with layer of tater tots.
Brown ground beef. Salt/pepper to taste. Drain.
Mix ground beef with cream of mushroom soup and water.
Spread mixture over tater tots in pan.
Place another layer of tater tots on beef mixture.
Cover with shredded cheese.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:00 am

AWESOME I WAS JUST ABOUT TO ASK HOW TO MAKE THAT! cause i had a bite but that was all so not much of a taste tester for me! so i wanted to try it at home still don't think it will be as good as yours...

Snicker-doodles:

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.

2 3/4 cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons baking powder

In a Mixing bowl or Mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth (about 2 to 3 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in the vanilla extract. ( i just do stirring by hand just a spoon but i find it easier to mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl then add to the dry ingredients )

1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar

1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature

2 large eggs
( make sure you do it one at a time)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Add the flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth dough. If the dough is soft, cover and refrigerate until firm enough to roll into balls (one to two hours).

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and place rack in the center of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Shape the dough into 1 inch round balls. preferably it's really your choice and really up to how big you want them experiment till you like the way they are

as soon as your done shaping the dough balls In a large shallow bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon.

Coating:

1/3 cup granulated white sugar

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Roll the balls of dough in the cinnamon sugar or the way i do them is fun i like to put the sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized Tupperware bowl put 2 or 3 dough balls in there place the lid on it and lightly shake it. >.< Then place on the prepared pan, spacing about 2 inches apart. for thick gooey cookies like i like i don't flatten them for soft well baked cookies Then, using the bottom of a glass, gently flatten each cookie to about 1/2 inch thick.

Bake the cookies for about 8 - 10 minutes depending on how thick you make them i would say after 10 they are not the way you like them add 2 min every time keeping track till they are complete , or until they are light golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.

depending on the size of your cookie you can make about 6 - 24 cookies with one batch

and you can store them in a air tight container for about 10 - 14 days before they start getting stale and old. (its better to keep them in a container cause it keeps them from getting hard)

next althing i'm gonna make a thing called lemmington cakes but i have to have taco and dusting take the ultimate taste test cause i don't wanna make it and you guys not like it. so yeah there you go!
>.< glad that your family liked them!
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:11 pm

I'd like to know how to make Jessica's chocolate chip cookies. They were amazing.

:] So ~Cough~ Templar should ask her if she'll share with us. ~Cough~
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:28 am

I never had the chance to share it with you all but the only good recipe I know is for a salad dressing.

1/3 olive oil
1/3 balsamic vinegar
1/3 vinaigrette (any flavor should do other than balsamic)
Lemon Juice (I use about a whole lemon for a salad for 2-4 people)
crushed garlic
a pinch of sugar (to even out the flavor)

It's good on regular tossed salad. Personally, I don't like it with sweet fruit but you can try otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:37 am

1-shot glass
1-bottle of rum

step 1 - fill shot glass with rum until it has reached the brim of the glass. be careful as to not overfill and waste precious rum.
step 2 - drink shot.
step 3 - repeat.

king
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:14 am

Surt wrote:
1-shot glass
1-bottle of rum

step 1 - fill shot glass with rum until it has reached the brim of the glass. be careful as to not overfill and waste precious rum.
step 2 - drink shot.
step 3 - repeat.

king

Definitely going to write this one down.
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:22 am

yeah i feel like this recipe will be a hit around the world
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Kilanos

Kilanos

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:03 pm

Surt wrote:
1-shot glass
1-bottle of rum

step 2 - drink shot.
step 3 - repeat.

king

I have a variation on the one:

step 1 - fill shot glass with tequilla until it has reached the brim of the glass. be careful as to not overfill and waste precious rum.
step 2 - drink shot.
step 3 - repeat.

-Kil
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:55 pm

Hmmmmm, Me thinks the Barad'Dun Tavern "the Dragon's Brew" has quite the following, from the King down, no less.

Don't forget step 4: Regret it in the morning.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:11 pm

I will be making special drinks for the feast if we ever do it.

I renamed them for barad'dun.

Desert Ale:
5 clear liquors, mixed with a splash of sprite, sweet & sour, blue caruso

topped with a splash of 151.

Warriors Lament:

6 clear & 1 brown liquor, mixed as above.

MUAHAHAHA!!!!
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:18 pm

Elena's drinks > all ur other drinks.

'nuff said Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:47 pm

she wants to try my drinks!

as she knows what they are by there real name. Smile

so you should too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:38 pm

Phoxly wrote:
Elena's drinks > all ur other drinks.

'nuff said Very Happy

Alenas drinks best in the world!!! hells yeah!
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:33 pm

I love trying new drinks (:
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:04 am

Back to food:

Some simple "Period" foods that we would recognize as breakfast, but that ancient/medieval peoples ate as their daily food.

1. Porridge: Well, porridge to some was farina. Wheat porridge, what we know as "Cream O' Wheat". There was also Oatmeal porridge. Actually any grain could be boiled into a porridge. The Ancients/medievals didn't usually eat it with sugar or syrup though. They might have put honey in it, but it was more of THE meal of the day to them. They put bits of fruit, or veggies, or meat in it and ate it. I have eaten it with chunks of bacon, hmmm hmmm good.

2. In a similar vain is what the Scots did with Oatmeal. Now, I can't remember the name of it, but Muesli is kind of a modern imitation though Muesli has become more of a cereal with milk kind of thing. Young Scots off to school would take a bag of Oats and thats what they would live off. These are not the rolled oats that we are familiar with from Quaker Oats cereal. These were stone ground, steel cut oats. They look like little chunks of nuts and come in large or small (Fine) depending on the cut. You can still buy these by the bag or in bulk from specialty shops or online. I bought a bag from the Red Mill online along time ago.

You could use these oats to make porridge, but it take awhile to cook. What the student boys and working class lads did was simply boil water and pour it over a bowl of Oats. Then you mix in whatever you have to mix in. Bacon, meat, veggies, nuts, fruits, whatever and it eat it like that. Its not bad if you have the right kind of Oats.

3. Oat cakes: These were like flat biscuits made of Oats. Scot and Irish soldiers would go to war with some Oats and a flat griddle. I have a recipe somewhere, but whenever I tried to make Oat cakes, they didn't come out right. But these fella's lived off this stuff. You like mix the oats into a paste with some water and salt (?) and fry them on the griddle like pancakes. Take some oatcakes throw some bacon and cheese on them....See what I mean.

4. Real Bread. I love bread. I love wheat and rye bread. Back in the ages, bread was consumed by the rich more than the poor folk. However, by the time of the later medieval age, fresh baked bread was often provided to Armies by their lords as food rations. It was sometimes all they had to eat. The thing is they had "real bread". By that I mean it was not the fluff we eat now. It was a different brand of wheat, I think it was emmer wheat or spelt. It had alot more protein in it than modern bread that's how they could survive long spells of eating just bread.

Quote :
A lot of oats were eaten as 'brose'. The oatmeal was placed in a bowl, and covered with boiling water. A pat of butter might be added, then the bowl covered with a plate to let the brose cook in its own steam for five minutes. Then milk would be added and the brose eaten. Because it doesn't have time to swell as much as fully cooked porridge, a larger mass could be eaten in one meal, hence the idea that a bowl of oats for breakfast will last one all day.

I thought brose was the drink made from seeping oatmeal in water, thats where my confusion came. Yeah, they seeped oatmeal in water to make a drink. Or maybe they boiled it and made an oatmeal tea.

Pic of Oatcakes with cream cheese and bacon...

Realm Recipes Cream-cheese-and-anchovies

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:21 am

A tough, old cowboy once counseled his grandson that if he wanted to live a long life, the secret was to sprinkle a pinch of gunpowder on his oatmeal every morning.

The grandson did this religiously and lived to the age of 110.

He left four children, 20 grandchildren, 30 great grandchildren, 10
great great grandchildren and a 50 foot hole where the crematorium used to be.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:58 am

konradr wrote:
A tough, old cowboy once counseled his grandson that if he wanted to live a long life, the secret was to sprinkle a pinch of gunpowder on his oatmeal every morning.

The grandson did this religiously and lived to the age of 110.

He left four children, 20 grandchildren, 30 great grandchildren, 10
great great grandchildren and a 50 foot hole where the crematorium used to be.

Konradr

ROFL, Awesome man.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Some more good eats is a traditional Bone-In stew.

Ingredients:

4.5lbs Beef
3lbs beef bone
few cloves of garlic
3-4 stalks of celery
carrots
lemon
large onion
20ish pearl onions
16 small potatoes
worsches
salt,pepper, gran. garlic
olive oil
2quarts of water

heres how to make it... it looks delicious

Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:01 pm

I just picked up a book from the library titled: Medieval cuisine of the Islamic world" I'll post anything that sounds interesting that might be doable by us. I'm thankful for modern food, but its nice to throw out something noone has had before.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:55 pm

alright konradr how did you make that macaroni and cheese soup it was delicious..

i've had a couple people ask about the baklava recipe so here it is

1 (16 ounce) package phyllo dough
1 pound chopped nuts
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Butter the bottoms and sides of a 9x13 inch pan.
Chop nuts and toss with cinnamon. Set aside.

Unroll phyllo dough. Cut whole stack in half to fit pan. ( unless you have a big pan ) Cover phyllo with a dampened cloth to keep from drying out as you work.

Place two sheets of dough in pan, butter thoroughly. Repeat until you have 8 sheets layered. Sprinkle 2 - 3 tablespoons of nut mixture on top. Top with two sheets of dough, butter, nuts, layering as you go.

The top layer should be about 6 - 8 sheets deep.

Using a sharp knife cut into diamond or square shapes all the way to the bottom of the pan. You may cut into 4 long rows the make diagonal cuts. Bake for about 50 minutes until baklava is golden and crisp.

Make sauce while baklava is baking. Boil sugar and water until sugar is melted. Add vanilla and honey. Simmer for about 20 minutes.

Remove baklava from oven and immediately spoon sauce over it. Let cool. Serve in cupcake papers. This freezes well. Leave it uncovered as it gets soggy if it is wrapped up.

this is a fun recipe and a pain in the ass recipe. be patient with it cause i garentee you it will tick you off at some point
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:51 pm

I wish I would have saved a couple of your balaklava for my wife. If you make anymore in the near future....

Macaroni cheese soup was easy.

1 lb rotini or any pasta of your choice.
4 cans cheddar cheese soup made with 4 cups milk.
full bag of brocolli cuts or frozen vegetables of your choice.
1 bag little smoked weenies or meat of your choice. (If using ground beef need of course to cook first)

Mix 4 cans of milk in with your cheese soup. Cook. Throw in frozen vegetables and cooked meat in with soup while its heating up.

I think I added some cornstarch too as a thickner. Mix a few tablespoons cornstarch in with some cool water, then pour in soup and stir to mix thouroughly so soup will thicken a bit.

Cook Pasta sepearately and once done throw in soup and mix well.

Voila

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:10 pm

i wasn't really fond of the lil weenies but i thought the cheesie noodles and broccoli went fantastic together was really super delicious i wonder if chicken would taste good with it.... josh said ground beef but i don't know but yeah i'm excited to make more!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Realm Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realm Recipes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next