Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Realm Recipes

Go down 
+10
Phoxly
Knubbs
Kilanos
sasquatch
Strider
Surt
Aleksander Piotrowski
Demie Zephyra
konradr
Sarabi
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

Realm Recipes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 7:08 am

Ok Konradr,

You ask, you get!

Take one jar of Thai red curry sauce (couldn't find the fresh ingredients for love nor money)
Fresh ginger and garlic
1.2lb frozen stir-fry vegetables
400ml coconut milk
200ml coconut creme

peel and finely slice about 1" of ginger and 2 cloves of garlic. Fry off for about 45 seconds in hot oil.
Add Sauce, milk and creme and allow to gently simmer for about 10 mins.
Once the doorbell goes, add the frozen vegetables, throw away empty bag to hide evidence and answer door.

At this point all that should be seen is garlic and ginger on the chopping board thus proving its 'fresh' made.

Allow soup to simmer for another 10 mins to let the vegetables just cook so they are still crunchy.

The soup is sweet yet spicy and savory at the same time.

If I had the fresh ingredients it would have been:
2 bruised lemongrass stalks,
3 birdseye chilles bruised,
4 khaffir lime leaves bruised
and a little water to stretch the soup.

I prefer the really labour intensive first version over the easy route of fresh ingedients tho...

Then serve in bowls and enjoy the praise cheers
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 7:11 am

I like easy routes. I'll have to post some Korean and Filipino recipes if I haven't already.

Quote :

You ask, you get!

Stop, you're spoiling me. Very Happy

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 7:13 am

Gotta spoil someone! lol
Back to top Go down
Mathan

Mathan

PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:42 am

i got bacon and potato chowder 6 servings cook time about 40 minutes

8 slices of bacon cut into 1" pieces///////////////10 3/4-oz. condensed cream of chicken soup

2 c.(6 med.) cubed 1/2" new red potatoes//////8-oz. can whole kernel corn (drained)

1 c.(2 med.)chopped onions///////////////////////1/4 tsp. pepper

8-oz. (1c.) carton dairy sour cream//////////////1/4 tsp. thyme leaves

1 1/4 c. milk

in 3-qt saucepan cook bacon over med. heat for 5 min.;add potatoes ans onions. continue cooking stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender
(15-20 min) add remaining ingredients continue cooking , stirring occasionally until heated through. (10-12min)

Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Sounds good Mathan.

Here's my Enchilada Casserole:

2 lbs ground beef
1 big can Refried beans
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup (optional)
1 big can red enchilada sauce
1 big bag shredded cheese (white and yellow)
1 big bag of tortilla chips

Other optionals:
diced green chilis
sliced black olives

Brown ground beef, drain off gravy.

In bowl mix ground beef with soup.

In same bowl mix ground beef mixture with refried beans and half the can of enchilada sauce and green chiles.

Get 10X 13 glass casserole dish or something similar. Line bottom with tortilla chips. Pour in half of bowl mixture, line with more tortilla chips, pour in rest of bowl mixture. Line top with more torilla chips.

Pour remaining can of red enchilada sauce. Put shredded cheese all over top using as much as desired. Put black olive slices throughout if wished.

Place in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.

Voila. Delicioso.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:21 am

Um. Chocolate covered bacon.

~Delicious~

<333
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Realm Recipes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:53 am

That sounds gross >.>
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:47 pm

"Spice Soup" from Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series.
It served as a traveler's meal and could easily be made with any number of supplies and dried or fresh-found/bought veggies on your adventure, in a quiet camp after a long day's trek.

The Intetubes wrote:
Spiced soup is a specialty dish that many know how to make, but few make very well.
edit Directions

Note: This recipe comes directly from Terry Goodkind himself.

First, lightly brown some hot peppers in oil. (The little dried red peppers, often used in oriental cooking. [thai / szechuan]) Be careful not to cook them too long, or the soup will be really spicy. After they're browned, take them out. Be sure to get all the seeds, too. I like to break up the peppers and put them in a vertical handled strainer and then lower that into the hot oil. After they brown this makes it easy to take them out. (You could also cook the peppers in a small pan and then pour the oil into a big soup pot through a small strainer, if it's easier for you.) (All the following ingredients should be cut up into bite size pieces.) Sauté ² onions, and then mushrooms (about equal to the onions) in the oil.

After the onions and mushrooms are sautéed, add the following:

* 4 or 5 potatoes
* 3 carrots
* celery
* 1 small zucchini
* 1 package frozen corn (or 1 can)
* 1/2 head of cabbage
* 2-15 oz cans of tomatoes (or 1 large one)
* chicken soup base
* dry parsley, crushed

Fill the pot with water so that it generously covers everything. After bringing it to a boil, cover and let it simmer until the vegetables are all cooked. It takes some time for the potatoes to cook. Add water as it evaporates. I like to let the soup simmer all day. It not only makes the house smell wonderful, but it gets better the longer it cooks. With chunks of fresh bread, it makes a hearty meal, especially on a cold day sitting by a crackling fire. Enjoy.

Because I don't like corn, mushrooms, or cabbage in my soup, I have amended it thusly (and clarified the directions a bit to make a 3 gallon stock pot full):

Ingredients:

• 6 dried peppers like he mentions above (the kind in General Tso's chicken), broken
  • 1 large white or yellow onion, diced - your preference
  • 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
  • 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
  • 2 medium zucchini, sliced
  • 5-6 large potatoes, chopped medium large(skin on - yum!)
  • 2 16 oz cans of chopped tomatoes
  • 4 carrots, peeled and chopped medium large
  • 4-6 stalks of celery, chopped medium large
  • 1 bunch parsley, chopped
  • Chicken base
  • 2-3 Tablespoons oil
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:

• Heat oil in frying pan and sautee the dried peppers until they brown. If you burn them you will ruin the flavor. Strain out the peppers and throw them away. Leave some of the seeds for extra heat if that's your thing. Remember, this is SPICE soup!
  • To the spiced oil, sautee the onions until they become translucent.
  • Add the garlic
  • Continue cooking the mixture until the onions are carmelized.
  • Pour the entire mixture (and the oil!) into your 3 gallon stock pot.
  • Into the stock pot add all the rest of your vegetables and fill the pot almost completely with water. Do this while its on the stove so you're not carrying 30+ lbs from the sink to the stove.
  • Turn the burner to High and stir often to get everything up off of the bottom. Leave it uncovered.
  • When your soup begins to just barely simmer, it's hot enough to taste and get a good idea of how much chicken base, salt, and pepper you need to add. Remember, base has salt in it, so add that first and get your "chickeny/soupy" flavor correct before you add more salt. If you want more heat, break open a couple more dried peppers and toss them or just their seeds in.
  • Once your soup reaches a rolling boil, reduce the heat to medium or medium low. Leave the soup uncovered and stir often for about an hour. Add water as necessary to bring the pot back to full. During this stage you are breaking down the vegetables to be fork tender. You'll notice it becomes ever so slightly thicker and the vegetables will lose some skin and shape.
  • When the vegetables are fork tender, take a ladle and "skim the scum" (proteins and extra fat from the oil) from your soup. Don't take out delicious chunks of veggies or too much broth. You should really be able to just get the scum. Cover the soup and continue cooking for 3-4 hours until your flavors are blended wonderfully and your house smells like the most delicious thing you've ever had.
  • Serve with hard crust bread and don't feel bad for eating 3-4 bowls and not wanting other types of food for the next week.

I am a huge fan of the Sword of Truth series and always wanted to try spice soup. I made this the first time back in 2008 and haven't tweaked anything besides how spicy I want it. It is a wonderful vegetable soup and can even be made Vegan by eliminating the chicken base. The vegetable chunks make it hearty and the potatoes break down to thicken it. As always, the next day and the day after it just gets better and better.

Bon Appétit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realm Recipes   Realm Recipes - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realm Recipes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2